Thursday, July 31, 2014

A (Grape) Slice of Life

No doubt you stumbled upon, and were amazed by the simplicity of, this grape cutting technique on Pinterest, Facebook, or YouTube!


I don't cut grapes for my kids any more, but I do cut grapes for chicken salad. So I was excited to give it a shot.

The plate is wet because I had just washed the grapes, and didn't dry them.


My anticipation quickly dwindled. This was NOT going to work. Turns out, if your plate has any depth to it the grapes will sit too low and the knife wont have room to pass through.

The trick looked so seamless and easy!

But I didn't give up. I turned the bottom plate upside down!


This did work...

 

But resulted in grapes cut about 1/5 instead of 1/2, and many rolling off the plate. So yes, this is a great time saver and maybe a fun party trick, but I doesn't work well (with MY plates).

1 comment:

  1. I tried this again yesterday at a friend's place. Her plates seemed plenty shallow, but we had the same results. I did notice though that doing fewer at a time is a more successful approach. So if you try this, don't fill up a full dinner plate, but maybe try a small plate first.

    ReplyDelete