Friday, March 14, 2014

One in the Hand is Worth...Another Shot

Not exactly a Pinterest fail, but definitely not as amazing as I had anticipated.


I made these as the recipe instructed and they turned out way cuter than their photos showed! They puffed up to be larger than I thought they would (which wasn't a bad thing), but they didn't hold as much of the "pie filling" as I'd hoped. I ended up with a lot of extra filling. The real issue though was that the taste was lacking. They were just bland. FYI - I used left-over rotisserie chicken.

If potpie is up your alley, I recommend trying them and adding your favorite seasoning/herbs...that's what I intend to do. I just have to figure out which seasoning/herbs to try...any ideas?

PS: The recipe made more than my family could eat, so I froze the rest and they heated up perfectly (slight thaw in the microwave, then in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes). My husband put a little butter on top, fresh out of the oven, to freshen up the biscuit crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment