Thursday, March 13, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Chocolate Style


How did you celebrate your second 29th birthday? Yes, you read that right. Well I threw myself a chocolate tasting party, following dinner out with friends! We started with strawberries, peanut butter filled pretzels and a chocolate fountain.


I love a good chocolate covered strawberry, but those peanut butter filled pretzels were drool worthy when dipped in chocolate!




After that "light snack" we moved into the dining room where it was all business.










A selection of 10 unique chocolates including some locally made, as well as domestic and foreign finds. Each started as a large bar and was broken into various bite sizes for sampling...and devouring (along with some wine). The best reviewed chocolate on the table that night was the BACON CHOCOLATE from Chicago. Chocolatey. Smokey. Bacony. Salty. Mmmmmy.


I have to say, having all those chocolate bars in the house, it was very hard not to pre-sample them in the days leading up to the party.

So anyway, when are you having a chocolate tasting and am I invited?

2 comments:

  1. Nice chocolate fountain! Mmmm chocolate bacon was good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I don't own it, I was lucky enough to borrow it from a good friend ;)

    ReplyDelete